Thursday, February 3, 2005

Jokes About Ethics and Exposing Its Cracks

OK. This joke from the UK website awordinyoureye

is not about illness but about ethics. I can accept this without feeling upset.



Issy was the proud co-owner of the local dry cleaners. One day, during dinner, whilst he was finishing his chicken soup, his 9year old son Sam asked, "Dad, what’s ethics?"

Issy thought for a while, put down his spoon, looked at Sam and replied, "Okay, let's suppose someone comes into my shop and gives me his business suit to dry clean. Then suppose I find a £20 note in his trouser pocket?"

Sam looked expectantly at his father.

"So," Issy said, "to answer your question, Sam, do I tell my partner I found the money? That's ethics".




Do my visitors have any more jokes about ethics? Ethics deserves it! Remember, ethics should not necessarily be looked at as a perfect monolithic doctrine as some might think it is. Jokes about ethics might expose some of the cracks which would be therapeutic for this discipline. Right? ..Maurice.

No comments:

Post a Comment