Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bioethics Discussion Blog: One Year Old

July 8 2005 was an important date for me. That date represented the one year anniversary of this blog. I wasn't really sure what I was getting into when I decided to start but I am not disappointed nor am I, so far, exasperated or overwhelmed. Since the beginning I have written about 200 posts. I have tried to cover many different aspects of bioethics (primarily medical bioethics), medical professionalism and medical education. Though discussion of most of bioethics, I think, should be devoid of a guiding political ideology but based on established and accepted ethical principles, some of my posts have clearly shown my political viewpoints when discussing governmental decisions. I have tried to keep the presentations, in my opinion, interesting using historical literature excerpts, poems and even jokes. Rather than posting a totally new issue every time, I have tried to keep the thread of the content going for several days on a number of the topics. I have appreciated all of the comments of my visitors and I want to thank each and every one of them for their participation, even those posting anonymously.

I hope my blog, as presented to my visitors, is a bit different than the other fine medical blogs available on the internet. I would like to continue the blog as a resource to provide understanding to my visitors about the applied discipline of bioethics and the issues, particularly in the medical field, it needs to cover. I will leave the daily news reporting and comment to the others.

But I do need the suggestions of topics by my visitors, particularly those topics which I have not as yet presented. So please feel free to write me. Well, that's all about me for now. And now back to bioethics blogging. ..Maurice.

No comments:

Post a Comment