Saturday, August 11, 2007

Commercialization of Healthcare

Js md brought up an issue that has been noted on previous threads here but I haven't presented it as a specific thread--the commercialization of healthcare in the United States. I would like to present this subject now. Obviously, this is a major issue in the upcoming presidential debates because how healthcare is to be provided for everyone in the U.S. should be a concern for all of us. I look forward to read responses from my visitors to js md's comment. ..Maurice.

The commercialization of health care is harmful to everyone, especially patients. I'm not a big fan of Michael Moore either. He gives a one sided biased view to make a point, but his anecdotes are all valid.We have an insurance based system which is not rational to begin with. You shouldn't insure expenses which absolutely everyone will face sometime in their lives; it cries out for a different mechanism. The insurance companies provide no health care; they just shuffle paper and soak up profits. The CEO of I believe United Healthcare retired with the better part of a billion dollar bonus! What a colossal misuse of health care dollars. We are I believe the only Western country in the world which doesn't have a national health care system and doesn't regulate the price of pharmaceuticals. We only regulate doctor's fees.I could go on, but I'll quit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment